Monday, November 1, 2010

Under Construction

I am new to this blog thing, but I thought what the heck, it could be fun.  I don't really expect anyone to read it, but blogging is one of those things that is on my list of things to do before I die.  For those of you who don't know, I love love love song lyrics, quotes, and Bible verses that define who I am and what I am going through.  I love being able to connect with them and express my feeling through them.  That being said, this blog will probably be a majority of just that, me reflecting upon something else that I have heard or read.

I have been thinking a lot lately.  This is my senior year of college and sometimes I wonder where the past three and a half years of my life went.  I probably spent a good portion of it wishing I could be done and moving on with my career.  But I know when it is all said and done, I will miss it.

I love the song Change in the Making by Addison Road.  I really think that this defines the last four years. 
This is redemption’s story
With every step that I'm taking
Every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
This is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
And every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
I'm a change in the making
 I have changed so much since freshman year.  It is cool to be able to look back and really see how much change you go through personally in such a short amount of time.  I have learned so much about who I am and who I want to be.  God has really used this time to shape me.  I am far from who He wants me to be but every day I am presented with a new challenge that shapes who I am.  I can honestly say that I have gone through something differently each new semester and summer.  God is constantly showing me things that I can change.  All of these changes keep bringing me closer to who God calls me to be.  I am far from perfect, and I know that I will always be "under construction", but that is why God keep chipping away and all the things in my life that I think I need, but really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment