Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This Is It!

This is my life right now...papers, tests, homework, reading, studying.  I am overwhelmed and ready to just be done.  I keep waiting for the end of the semester and thinking that all I want to be is done and moving on to student teaching and getting a job next year.  I am really only motivated when I tell myself only 3 weeks of classes left.  I can do it.  Pretty much my existence at the moment is living for the end of the semester when I can take a breath.  On my way back to school yesterday the song Live For Today by Natalie Grant came on.

Sittin' in my room staring at the wall
Wonderin' about the meaning of it all
Why is it this thing called life
Has got me goin' crazy
So I open up your word and let it speak to me
The purpose and the plan that you've designed
Is clear to see, and I believe

[Chorus:]
I'm gonna live for today
I'm gonna follow in your way
I'm gonna let my little light shine
Like there's no tomorrow
I won't worry about the past
I know my future is intact
So I'll choose to live my life one way
I'm gonna live it for today

You told me not to worry
About what lies ahead
So I am gonna focus on today instead
Making every moment count and counting
Every single blessing
I'm gonna set my mind on the
Here and the Now
This is what I want my life to be about
And this is How...


As I was listening to the lyrics, I realized that I am not living for today like I should be.  I am living for the future.  I wondered what I am missing out on because of this.  What little moments and things do I miss because I am so focused on three weeks from now or even a year from now?  I need remember that this is it!  This is my life.  When I look back a few years from now I want to know that I did everything that I could and not regret missing out on something.  When I was in the Dominican Republic this is exactly how I thought and lived.  It was awesome!  I did not worry about what was coming next, I did what I needed to do and then moved on.  So this is what I am going to try to do for the rest of the semester.  I am going to live for the day that God has given me and hopefully give it my all because I know that my future is already planned so I don't have to worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment