I don’t know about you, but I am used to looking for
God in the big moments of my day and not a lot of the little moments. So I asked Him where He was this week,
because I don’t really feel like I have had a ton of big moments. I asked Him where I really saw Him work. The response was startling. This is what He said to me.
Daughter,
I am in the sunrise you see every morning.
I am in the sunset that you watch every night from
your balcony.
I was in that hug that you gave to your student.
I was in the tears that you were crying.
I was in the encouragement that you got from your
coworkers.
I was in the huge smile that came from the student
who struggles with math and struggles to behave and respect you when you made
him feel like a million bucks letting him teach your class for a few minutes.
I was in the hugs you got from the complete
strangers today and even in the way that they made you feel like a part of their church family on your first visit.
I was in the student who invited you to come to
church.
I was there in the midst of your frustration.
I was working on your heart in your morning and
afternoon commute.
I was there in every one of the conversations that
you had this week
I was there giving you a hug in your loneliness (yes,
I can feel God reach down and giving me hugs, weird right?).
I was right there in the laughter you shared with
your class.
I was right there in the moment when you wanted to
stay, but walked away like I asked you to.
I was there in the moment that you chose joy instead
of anger.
I am always in your smile.
I was in the moment when you lectured your students
on respecting each other and purity because those words come from me.
I am in the love that you show your students.
I am in the love your students show to you.
I am even in the efforts of your most annoying
student to get your attention.
I am in all of your successes and all of your
failures. I am here holding you through
it all.
Why is it so hard to see God in the little
things? This was a total wake up
call. Look for God in the little
things. Appreciate those little moments
and realize that God is working in ways we can only imagine. Working through even the things that don’t seem like a
big deal to us in the moment. Try to
take time to reflect on all the areas where God is showing up and using you or
the people around you. Take time to embrace
His hugs and the way He smiles at and loves you.
“I love the way You hold me, by my side You'll always be
You take each and everyday, make it special in some way
I love the way you hold me, in Your arms I'll always be
You take each and everyday, make it special in some way
I love You more than the words in my brain can express
I can't imagine even loving You less
Lord, I love the way You hold me”
You take each and everyday, make it special in some way
I love the way you hold me, in Your arms I'll always be
You take each and everyday, make it special in some way
I love You more than the words in my brain can express
I can't imagine even loving You less
Lord, I love the way You hold me”
~”Hold Me” by Jamie Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment