Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving up Control

I miss blogging, I do.  So here I am again, after an entire summer plus some months.  Hopefully I don't bore you and hopefully God will use what I am learning for others, but even if He doesn't, I will keep on keeping on with my blogging because it is fun and I seem to have lots on my mind to share again.
Sooooo...
I can't believe that it has been almost a month since I moved to Virginia.  I love it here, but I am definitely missing home.  It all happened so fast and I think that it is just beginning to settle in.  So here is how it all happened in case you were curious or maybe you didn't even know that I moved.  Basically, God told me to move and I moved.  That is the short version.  I honestly never imagined myself moving nine hours away from everything familiar.
Last summer after I got back from the Dominican Republic, God and I were talking and He asked me if I would be willing to give up everything and leave what I knew to go on an adventure with Him.  At the time, I was like well...I don't know.  I just got back from the DR, could be fun, but I still have a year left of school.  I got done with school and was really set on finding a job in NY, near home.  I didn't.  I applied to a lot of jobs, but didn't even get an interview.  At the end of September, my aunt told me about a job in Indiana near her and I was like okay, why not?  I am just working at Tops and subbing and I am made for more.  I really want a real job that I am passionate about going to.  So I applied and had an interview.  I went for it and decided that if I was willing to do that, why not apply to other jobs in other states...so I did.  Not even a week later, I received a call from the assistant principal at my current school.  I had a phone interview and then an in person interview all within a week of being asked for one.  I knew without a shadow of a doubt that this is where God wanted me.  It was exciting and scary and new all at the same time and now that I have had time to process it, it is so good. 
God is good.  He knows what He is doing.  Maybe I don't completely understand why I am so far away from everything so unfamiliar.  But I do know that it has been so good.  I have grown so much in the past 4 weeks.  Through both my excitement and my loneliness and just starting my life, I am learning that the only constant in my life is God.  Yes there are days when I wish that I was home with my family and with my friends and with all of my youth group teens.  With people who I love and who really know me but  God never change.  Being all alone has done something amazing to strengthen my relationship with my Creator.  He is all I have.  I am all He wants.  Every little bit.   Being alone reinforces the importance of putting God absolute first and letting Him be everything to me.  The most important relationship in my life is growing in ways I never thought it would or never thought it needed to.  Letting Him provide and me just giving up complete control is so freeing.  You should try it!  I mean seriously, this might not seem too amazing to you, but it is a truth that is resonating within my soul right now...God did not even spare His only Son, so why would I think that He couldn't or wouldn't provide everything that I need in the moment that I need it most.  News Flash...He WILL and He HAS!!!!!




Hopefully this all made sense and I didn't ramble on too long, but it has just been so long since my last post and it is good to be back!

Oh and check out this song!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eHg8s8M4no

No comments:

Post a Comment