Working at Tops, like many other jobs, comes with lots of stories. I have more stories about working there and the customers that come in than I can count. Many times I work on U-Scan where customers can check their groceries out. It is my responsibility to help those who do not know how to work the machines and to make sure that people are not shoplifting. One of the most common things that I encounter on U-Scan is people who go back to the bulk section, put their candy in a bag, weigh and label it and then add more candy. Or they just mislabel the product altogether so they are getting a cheaper rate. Each of the U-Scan machines has a scale on which the groceries get weighed and the machine then alerts me if the weight is incorrect. The other night, a customer did just this to me. She weighed her dog bones and then added more. I don't say anything to them, I just take the product void it off and reweigh it correctly. But I always wonder the same thing...Do I have stupid written across the top of my forehead?
As I started thinking about this, God asked me how this is any different than what I and many others do to Him. We are dumb humans who constantly try to make ourselves look better than we really are. We think that we can deceive God into thinking that we didn't participate in a certain sin or that we are really better than we are. We are simply sinners in need of Jesus to come and save us and mold us into who He wants us to be. God knows our hearts and our motives. We don't need to hide our hearts from God, He already knows what we think and what we do. Just like I knew that my customer was being dishonest with the weight of the food, God knows when were are being dishonest and only half truthful with Him. He already knows all the secrets of our hearts. There is no need to make ourselves look stupid as we try and hide things from Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment